There are some people who are always on the lookout for a quick and easy meal. One that tastes just as good as the time that was saved. Even better- a recipe that can also be used for meal planning!
The creamy texture of the avocado blends well with the crunchiness of the cucumbers peppered in with the occasional cayenne spiced shrimp. To elevate the experience, consider adding some sliced almonds or feta cheese.
The elements of this salad are very simple (serving size varies based on amount of ingredients):
- Salad greens: spinach leaves, spring mix (neutral), romaine lettuce (crunchy) or try arugula (spicy bite)
- Avocado: diced (Pro tip: you can tell a ripe avocado by removing the nub of the stem; if it is ripe it will be green underneath, if overripe then it will be brown, and if it isn’t ready then the nub wont come off)
- Cucumber: peeled and diced
- Shrimp: 1 pound seasoned with cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and tossed in a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice; sauté for about two minutes per side or until pink
- Other options: sliced almonds, raisins, cranberries, figs, feta cheese, black beans, tomatoes
Simply toss all of these ingredients together and drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper!
**Remember: avocados have more potassium than bananas! Remember that the next time you hear someone say they are low on potassium and need to eat more bananas (which are carb heavy!).
Click here to read about my Asian Inspired Shrimp Salad with a Peanut Sauce for another variation.
Hope you enjoyed today’s simple recipe of the day!
What other quick meal plan ready recipes would you like to see posted on the blog?